The name of the club shall be the DUNDEE MODEL AIRCRAFT CLUB , hereinafter referred to as the “Club”.
The committee shall act with the assistance of the members to achieve the following objects:
- To promote the activities associated with controlled model aircraft flight.
- To operate as an affiliated club of the Scottish Aeromodellers Association.
- To procure, retain and maintain high quality sites for model aircraft flying.
- To hold and deal with the Club’s property in any way whatsoever.
- To maintain and improve standards of safety and etiquette throughout the hobby.
- To maintain and improve the public image of model aircraft flying.
D.M.A.C. positively encourages equal opportunities and welcomes membership applications from all members of society. D.M.A.C. is committed to a policy of acting fairly and impartially to all members and potential members regardless of age, sex, marital status, religion, race, colour, disability, nationality or ethnic origin.
Membership shall be open to all persons subscribing to the Objects of the Club and paying the prescribed subscription, but the Committee shall have the right to refuse membership to any person.
The annual membership period is from 1st January to 31st December.
Membership shall be restricted to:
- Ordinary Member: Adults wishing to assist in the Objects of the Club and to take an active part in club activities and in the maintenance of the club’s facilities.
- Honorary Life Member: Ordinary club members whose services have been of outstanding benefit to the Club. The club element of the subscription is waived. Life members must be proposed and seconded and be subject to a majority vote of at least seventy-five per cent at an Annual General Meeting.
- Junior Member: As (a) but under eighteen years of age on the 1st January in the new subscription year. Juniors shall pay a reduced subscription of 50% of the current, applicable Ordinary Member subscription and can attend General Club Meetings but have no voting rights.
- Family Membership: Adult membership plus any number of junior members registered at the same address. Family junior members are defined as per [c].
- Temporary Member: Visitors who fly may be granted temporary club membership for the day for the sole purpose of gaining access to a flying site.
4, Composition of the Club Committee.
The Club Committee shall consist of the following offices:
- The Chairman;
- The Secretary;
- The Treasurer;
- Four Committee Members.
Any Ordinary or Life Member of the Club shall be eligible for election as an Officer of the Committee.
The Officers of the Committee shall be elected at the Annual General Meeting for a period of one year but shall be eligible for re-election. Changes of office shall be effective from the conclusion of the Annual General Meeting.
5, Functions of the Committee.
- The Committee shall be responsible for the routine management of the Club and for upholding its constitution.
- The Committee may fill any vacancy in its number which may arise for the period of time up to the next Annual General Meeting.
- The Committee shall have the discretion to co-opt any club member to assist with club activities, eg. a Junior Representative.
- Each Committee Member may have a designated responsibility such as one of the following:
- Organisation of power flying site activities and site maintenance;
- Organisation of Training and Achievement Schemes;
- Induction of new members;
- Safety Officer.
6, Ordinary Meetings of the Committee.
- Committee meetings shall be held as necessary.
- A meeting shall be convened with a quorum of four or more Committee Members.
7, General Meetings of the Club.
- The Annual General Meeting shall be held towards the end of November each year.
- Notices of motions for the Annual General Meeting must be received by the Secretary by the 1st November.
- The Secretary shall notify members, at least ten days in advance, of the time, date and place of General Meetings and state the business to be conducted.
- An Extra-Ordinary General Meeting may only be called on the demand of at least ten per cent of the club members or by a resolution passed by the Committee.
- All voting at Annual or other General Meetings shall be decided either by a ballot or by a show of hands of the members present. Postal votes on matters of extreme importance may be lodged with the Secretary in advance of a meeting.
- In the case of equality of votes, the Chairman of the meeting shall have a second or casting vote.
- The Annual Club Subscription shall be composed of the club fee and, if required, the SAA fee.
- The amount of the Annual Club Fee shall be fixed at the Annual General Meeting and an Annual Subscription Notice shall be sent to members stating the amount payable.
- Subscriptions are payable by the date shown on the Annual Subscription Notice.
- Any member who has not paid his/her annual subscription by the due date specified on the Annual Subscription Notice shall be deemed to have resigned from the Club.
- A member joining the Club after the 30th September shall pay the full fee and will be deemed to have paid the club fee for the following year.
9, Finances and Accounts.
All monies received shall be deposited in the club’s bank or building society account. Cheque’s payable by the Club shall be signed by any two of the Chairman, the Secretary and the Treasurer. The financial year of the Club shall end on 31st October after which the Treasurer shall prepare a balance sheet detailing the transactions over the year and clearly showing the club’s financial situation.
No member shall use or allow to be used the name of the Club in any advertisement, prospectus, business announcement or in any manner whatsoever without the prior consent of the Committee.
11, Repeal of Membership.
The Club (through the instrument of the Committee) shall have the right to expel any member of the Club, subject to appeal, for gross infringement of the Club’s Constitution or Rules or for persistent misconduct. The Club shall not refund membership fees for any reason whatsoever.
The Club takes reasonable measures to promote safety and to ensure that members are in possession of third-party insurance and consequently the Club cannot accept liability for death or injury or for damage to, or loss of property under any circumstances.
13, Changes to the Club Constitution.
This constitution shall come into effect on 20th November 2008 and shall continue in force until amended by a majority of the members present at an Annual General Meeting or at an Extra-Ordinary General Meeting of the Club.
20th November 2008